Whoops.

>> 16 February, 2010

So I haven't been writing lately. Whoops. Vagina Monologues have really been taking up my time lately. We got our Spotlight monologue (finally), and then were was a little fiasco with it. I hate cast drama, I really do. I wish people could man up to situations and take charge. But whatever. Gotta keep the mood cool and classy so the show is good. If there's tension between the actors, the audience will be able to tell. They're not stupid. Regardless of that though, Vagina's going pretty damned good. Last rehearsal we had a lot of energy, and for our individual rehearsal, Jill and I really cranked it up. We rocked it like nobody else. It's gon' be a GOOD show.

You don't wanna miss shows with lines like this.


Along the lines of class, we've basically begun legitimately working. I got partnered with DeAndre for the scene, which should be really fun. I've never had the opportunity to work with him before, and I'm looking forward to it. We also chose monologues. I chose one from Elephant by Margie Stokley. In it, the character Michelle is in a hospital coping with the loss of her brother. She's introducing herself at a group therapy session.

I chose this monologue because I've been wanting to do something with it. I have a couple monologue books, and I've dog eared all the monologues I would like to do one day. This one grabbed my attention because Michelle isn't a "character", in my eyes she may as well be a real person that I just met. I really like her character and such.

Tomorrow DeAndre and I are going to search some more for a scene. So far our labors have been fruitless. Peter suggested something from Christopher Durang, and that's probably what we'll end up doing. We'll see.

On another note, I'm Peaseblossom in Midsummer! I'm freaking excited, that was my first choice. C:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP