Class Today, Blah Blah

>> 02 February, 2010

Gwuh. Journaling is tedious. Regardless, today in class we did our monologues. I did the one from "The Outrageous Adventures of Sheldon and Mrs. Levine". I think it turned out pretty damned good, if I do say so myself.

I'm only saying that because I played it way differently than how I had for generals. I played it way more subdued for generals, and this time I played with it and decided to go more angsty. Honestly though, that's probably because I'm doing "My Angry Vagina" for Vagina Monologues. I've finally perfected it, I think. I have a lot of levels and vocal variety, and ups and downs in emotions. (But not in a bipolar way, haha.)

But getting back to class, it was also interesting to see people perform their monologues. I know Jarret and Michelle both did monologues that they got in Voice & Speech about a year ago. They've really grown/ mastered their monologues and I really enjoyed seeing that.

I also noticed that a person's choice in monologue can really effect how someone views you as an actor or individual. I mean, monologues are supposed to exemplify a person's acting skill, but I noticed that a part of my mind quietly judged the person based on what they chose to perform. I suppose that's how directors or casting directors feel. Like, "I shouldn't be judging them on their piece, I should be assessing their acting", but that little bitch we all have inside us won't shut up for anyone, I suppose.

Another little bitch that won't shut up for anyone. Ladies and gents, Janice Dickinson.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP