Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet

>> 19 April, 2010

Upon the recommendation of my boyfriend, I read Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet next, He loaned me his play, and after having it sit next to my computer as a reminder to read it, I picked it up and powered through it. I found it to be very interesting and intricate. The play is about Chicago real estate salesmen and their supervisor, all who are trying to make a buck and get out on top. In a "sales contest" of sorts, whoever earns the most wins a Cadillac, while the two that earn the least get fired. In the high stakes of the event, alliances are made and broken, and even theft of the "good leads" takes place, leaving all the characters suspect.


While there are no female roles in this show, I found it to be a very good play and I would love to see it performed. I find that with Mamet, you simply cannot understand every bit just by reading it, you have to see it performed and see the "tennis ball" of sorts go between each and every actor with their dialogue.

In addition, I feel that this show really depicts characters in realistic environments and circumstances, and shows the characters acting in realistic ways. I so often see or read shows that depict fanciful story lines or unrealistic dialogue, and this show was a really nice change from having read those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP