Rumors by Neil Simon

>> 26 March, 2010

I originally did Rumors in high school, but I haven't touched the play in awhile so I figured I would read it again. This show is one of my favorites, and in my senior year of high school I had the pleasure of even playing my favorite character in a production of it. I figured since I've grown as an actor since then, I'd take a crack at it again.

Rumors opens with two characters: Ken Gorman and his wife, Chris (who I played). Ken and Chris are extremely frazzled and worried. It turns out that the couple was arriving for a dinner party, however the host seems to have shot himself in the ear, and his wife can't be found anywhere. Ken and Chris spend the duration of the first act hiding what happened from the arriving guests, in order to save their hosts from embarrassment, but eventually they all find out. In the second act, all the guests attempt to hide what happened from some police officers who arrived at the house because of a car accident that occured. The entire play is really comedic, and it's really a fun show.

• Pg. 9 - Pg. 16 - Chris and Ken
This is the opening scene of the show. I'd love to do this scene again with the knowledge that I have now.

• Pg. 22 - Pg. 27 - Claire and Lenny
The first couple to arrive is Claire and Lenny. Claire is very prissy and... Well the most stereotypical way I could describe her is a "Desperate Housewife"; she's in love with drama and gossip, but wants none of her own. The relationship between Claire and Lenny is really comical.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP