The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

>> 05 March, 2010

At the risk of looking like I'm copying Jon Wat and his blog, I figured I'd post my entry about The Zoo Story by Edward Albee since I finished it today. (What can I say Jon, you're a trend setter.) I've been really interested in reading this play because they're doing it for Juries this year. Yes, I do know there aren't any specific scenes or monologues I could do, seeing how I'm a woman and all, but the play was nevertheless amazing.

I'm not going to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't read it yet, so I will say that The Zoo Story takes place in a park, and is essentially an exchange of words between Peter, a stable family man, and Jerry, a man who seems to be a few sandwiches short of a picnic. The way the play is written is very interesting, it's formal, yet conversational.

I hope to direct the final scene of the play one day, perhaps in Directing I or even for One Acts or something. The scene is so striking and amazing, I couldn't set the play down once I got to that point. (Seriously, I was hanging out with my boyfriend and he had to go do something, so I started reading The Zoo Story, and then I got to the "turning point" of the play. I didn't want to stop reading it at that point, and we ended up going out to lunch a few minutes later than we had originally planned. :P)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP